DJ DADDY SILK - KENYA, AFRICA
- I started indulging myself in reggae music while in high school in 1995. I began by listening to weekly radio reggae shows in Kenya.
- I further started buying recorded reggae cassettes from money I had saved.
- I later graduated into attending live reggae tours hosted and staged by local based reggae sound system units. I further continued buying cassettes and cd mixes to add onto my catalogue.
- In 2001 October, I purchased my first reggae compilation cd.
- While undertaking my industrial attachment in Nairobi Kenya after finishing my college where i undertook a course in Medical Laboratory Technology at the Applied Sciences department of The Mombasa Polytechnic.
- While in Nairobi, I attended reggae festivals, theme nights, and this is how I got to get into contact with best reggae selectors who helped nurture my skills.
- In 2002, I attended my first international reggae concert, Joseph Hill and Mighty Culture, organized by Shashamane International and staged at Impala grounds in Nairobi Kenya.
- In November of 2002, I was invited to co-host a radio reggae show at Pwani fm in Mombasa Kenya. This invitation was due to my passion and connection in reggae music and circles.
- In 2002 December, I was called upon by Baraka Fm Mombasa, to go with my reggae collection and co - host a reggae show .
- In 2005, I was in the Glen Washington logistics for his Mombasa concert which I also curtain raised as a selector.
- In 2006, I was called upon to curtain raise as a Selector for Gyptian and be in the logistics team for his Mombasa concert.
- In 2010, April, I was called upon to curtain raise as a Selector for Morgan Heritage beach concert in Mombasa Kenya Africa.
- In 2011, I was called upon to curtain raise for Lutan Fyah who was on concert of Mombasa Kenya.
- On 1st July 2012, I was called upon by a newly opened Radio station, pili pili fm Mombasa Kenya,to start,select and host a weekly Radio reggae show where i stayed for seven years until April 2019.
- I them briefly moved to host a reggae Radio show at Boss Radio, before joining Sauti ya Pwani fm Mombasa Kenya Africa, where i host a weekly radio reggae show, the Super Sunday Reggae every Sunday, 1-4om Kenyan time.
- I record Reggae mix tapes on a weekly basis, which can be downloaded for free at www.hearthis.at/Daddy Silk, or download the hearthis app on play store from your Android phone, search Daddy Silk, download and listen my mixes free.
- I have a sound system unit, Busystreet allstars, based in Mombasa Kenya Africa.
- I have a team of selectors and MCs.
- We are sourced for Reggae concerts when international reggae artists come for concerts in Kenya. We host Reggae theme nights in clubs too. Busystreet allstars started in 2004 and is based in Mombasa Kenya Africa. I have also been called as a guest from Mombasa for a tv reggae show, the rave in 2017.
- I have social media platforms.
- Facebook, Dady Silk, my first account, second account on Facebook, Wilson Aggrey Orondo.
- Facebook page Busystreet allstars official.
- Daddysilk on Twitter.
- Daddy Silk on Instagram and telegram.
- I have interviewed several reggae artists on my radio show, recently Iya Ingi on 23rd August 2020, Duane Stephenson, Kelissa, Lutan Fyah,Jah Cure, Glen Washington.